View Single Post
Old 12 Dec 2002, 21:11 (Ref:448600)   #25
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Yoong Montoya
With this new system, I feel that MS might crack under the pressure to get a good grid position. Remember Austria qualifying?
It's possible, after all M.Schu did make more mistakes than usual when the pressure was on him, however, i believe that the majority of the time, the fight for pole will be between Michael and Juan Pablo.

Quote:
Originally posted by Super Tourer
Montoya always seemed to need plenty of track time to get up to speed, look how far down he was in the early sessions.

But was this a case of doing a banker lap knowing that he had enough runs not to worry about going too fast too soon, we all know that when it comes too it (i.e. the end of the session, his last hope so to speak) then he can do the job.All the teams will do (those not taking part in the extra friday test session) is concentrate more on the qualifying set up as opposed to the race set up.