View Single Post
Old 25 Mar 2023, 12:00 (Ref:4149111)   #20
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Is the Ferrari the real thing? I didn't think there were any in private hands.
Certainly is the real thing, a 156/85 and the same guy, Sydneysider Guido Belgiorno-Nettis, owns two of them, both the #27 and #28 as used by Alboreto and Johansson back in the day. I know the ex Alboretto car was gifted by Enzo to Michele's patron from his junior days...
Quote:
Alboreto was the first Italian to race for Ferrari for many years and was supported through his early career with the Scuderia by a wealthy patron, Count Gugge Zanon, who was so well regarded by Ferrari for his support of Alboreto and the Team that Enzo Ferrari agreed to gift him Alboreto’s car at the end of the 1985 season.

Count Zanon kept 079 in his private collection for the next 10 years, during which time it was always maintained by the Ferrari factory and was driven occasionally by Alboreto. But he found with his advancing years he wasn’t able to enjoy driving the Ferrari as much as he liked and a deal was done.
The Johansson car he purchased more recently and had been on the market for 12 months when Guido bought it.

Here is the story behind them: https://www.tradeuniquecars.com.au/f...la-one-ferrari

I know there was a time when Ferrari F1 cars were never made available but over recent years I know some have been sold albeit stilled homed and maintained by Marinello under their 'Corse Clienti' programme. These ones of Guido are not part of that deal.... he has them maintained locally, and gets the engines pulled down every 80 laps of racing! All about that in the article linked.