View Single Post
Old 20 Mar 2005, 21:23 (Ref:1257389)   #48
Electrocuted
Rookie

United States
Electrocuted should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roninho
Imo it will come down to which series the people of LB have the most faith in, in terms of long term stability and potential of (some level of) succes. If i had to make the decision at this moment, the IRL seems to be the better choice, but things can change rapidly.
The people of LB have little to do with it. Dover owns LBGP. Pook talked to TG back in 94 or 95 about switching. Dover told the Bnkrpt judge they didnt want to continue with OWRS. The late start getting the season confirmed and lack of sponsors spending money at the track doesnt help.

As anyone can observe,,, to keep it,, OWRS has to have a GREAT weekend, a great crowd over last years 70,000 race day, every support race has to have full fields putting on one heck of a show. The OWRS race has to be one of the best in years,, which I'm sure it will be since it's back to race and pit anyway you want from green to checker. And the new crew that replaced everyone layed off last Christmas,, must do their jobs well. Not an easy task since this is the first race.... And,,,, throughout the year OWRS teams must get sponsorship from larger corporations that will spend money at LB. I hope/think Dover will wait until later in the season to decide what to do next year,,, gives OWRS time to get their ducks in a row.