Thread: WEC Kolles Prototype
View Single Post
Old 13 Nov 2023, 14:07 (Ref:4185691)   #2033
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McQ View Post
You are absolutely right. And who is gonna step-up now since there won't be any P2 in WEC anymore ? The gap between entering an P2 in ELMS and a hypercar in WEC is so immense now.

The famous ACO ladder seems broken to me and as it stands I see two solutions to fix it : allow bronze drivers to drive in hypercar and, when current P2 generation is gone (which is a hurdle so difficult to overcome that the ACO still doesn't want it to happen really), allow year old hypercar machineries to go in ELMS.

ACO only really care about Hypercar. LMP2 still has it’s place, but it’s not as relevant to LMDH, as it was to LMP1.

I do like your idea of older Hypercars going to ELMS, that would be good practice for those wanting to step up