View Single Post
Old 9 Dec 2009, 19:56 (Ref:2596865)   #42
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
When they have to money for it!.
Both Audi and Peugeot know that racing the cars gives them more experience than testing, but to race them cost SO much more than testing.
But mainly, the experience received when racing is "fine tuning", because it's problems which only occures when racing others for longer time. To get to that point, you have to test the cars for major problems, and this can only be done under test sessions, as you can't pull your car in every few laps in a race!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
It's actually the same point from different angles, I think......
I think your right , we where just not getting each other .
But my original statement, was that you couldn't replace Closed track testing with Race Testing, but that Race testing is something that must come as "extra's" or some kind of "fine tuning".
I was simply arguing a reason why Audi wont race the R15+ at Sebring .