View Single Post
Old 20 Apr 2005, 09:48 (Ref:1282825)   #13
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamAshmore
Villeneuve does well at Imola? That isn't something that has struck me. All I remember is that it is the only race Frentzen out raced him in his championship year (and IIRC he went out too). Did he have notable appearances in the BAR? I see he had dome top ten starts - I can't remember if these were particularly good or unusual though.
Jacques retired with gearbox trouble after starting from pole, so I'm not sure if it's fair to say that HHF outraced him in 1997.

Jacques drove strong races in:
1996 - punted by Alesi, recovers from the back to the points only to suffer suspension failure.
1998 - Is ahead of Irvine's Ferrari all race but loses the podium because the fuel opening was stuck at the pitstop.
1999 - Qualifies 5th. Infamously left standing on the grid thanks to a gearbox problem
2000 - Jumps from 9th to 5th and keeps it there 'til the end.
2001 - Suffers engine failure while 8th
2002 - Finishes 7th, on the same lap as McLaren's DC.
2003 - Bad start, retires early with hydraulic trouble.

So I wouldn't say he has been poor at Imola, it's generally gone well for him, in the points or close to them.