View Single Post
Old 21 Apr 2005, 07:03 (Ref:1283569)   #17
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by martyn bott
As far as i'm aware only GF and NH had engine failures,many other drivers didn't finish,but not because of engine failure.They would have to prove to the stewards that there was something wrong with their engine in order to start with a fresh one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BootsOntheSide
From what I remember something like half the field has a new engine, including Michael, Fisichella, Wurz, Button, Sato and Heidfeld. How big an advantage this is will depend on how hot Imola is, and from what I've seen on here the opposite is likely, so I don't think a new engine will be enough to really boost JV. Realistically he will need some atrition ahead to score any points, as the car isn't fast enough yet, and Massa will p[robably still be ahead of him.
Oh well, it was a long shot anyway.

O/T: To any engineers out there. If the cooler ambient temp at Imola is less stressful, wouldn't the same cooler moist air help the engines produce more power and therefore put strain back on?