View Single Post
Old 4 May 2022, 07:07 (Ref:4108848)   #54
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
I must admit that I've been sitting on the fence about this DRS discussion, but the more of these comments I read, the more I'm thinking that it should go. I (now) totally see the point that it is discouraging natural/talented/opportunistic (and therefore exciting/unpredictable) overtakes and effectively telling drivers where they can pass the car in front. (OK, I do accept that there have been a few unexpected overtakes since the introduction of DRS, but not many).
I think that it would be an excellent plan to try at least one Sprint Race without it to see what happens, but I think it would be an even better plan to remove it from at least on of the Grand Prix too, so drivers have the opportunity to re-learn the ability to work out their own overtaking strategies.