View Single Post
Old 4 May 2022, 14:28 (Ref:4108893)   #58
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Another thing is, DRS is not good for casual or first time viewers. How are you supposed to explain it. F1 has quite a few complexities in it, but most of them can explained away. DRS is though is too complicated to explain easily. F1 needs to keep things as simple as possible and DRS doesn’t do that
Agree.... But it's not the only thing that can be weird. Other items that may seem complex to someone who is totally new to motorsports.

* The need to use different tires during the race
* Multi-phase qualifying
* Virtual vs. classic safety car
* And don't even try to explain the things we argue about on a regular basis (leaving racing room) because we are veterans and we can't even agree.

I actually think DRS is pretty easy to explain. "If you catch the driver in front of you, it helps you pass them. They can do the same to you." It's not great, but it is simple.

Richard

Last edited by Richard C; 4 May 2022 at 14:33.