View Single Post
Old 5 May 2022, 06:58 (Ref:4108940)   #64
BTCC frog
Veteran

BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
For sure I know this isn’t what you are saying, but I like the difficult, and sure artificially, high bar f1 requires new viewers to clear in order to just watch their first race. Been watching for a long time and I’m still learning.

This maybe more then anything else is why I watch. The numerous ways this one sport intersects with so many areas of human endeavour and commerce that I enjoy leaves me continually intrigued.

In that light, if newcomers find it hard to understand…well
I’m ok with that. Also aware how pretentious that is but not everything has to be for everybody right?
I totally agree with this. Sports should never be dumbed down and made less good to allow new fans to understand everything in their first race. Enough of F1 is very clear that you can enjoy a race without understanding all the rules, and if a new fan doesn’t understand something like DRS or the safety car rules it just takes a Google search to find out.