View Single Post
Old 1 Feb 2022, 22:35 (Ref:4097028)   #35
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobefly View Post
I am not. When SC comes out time difference for all cars in the same lap gets erased. That still benefits those behind. However, by not letting them go by after everyone pitted and still holding the pack under SC you are not giving away laps.
The only risk, that does running behind would be facing, is to lose a lap if the yellow flag came out at a bad moment of the pit strategy for them (which, yes, can be unfair, but I would rather be unfair with those that did not do merit to be in front).
I think this is not making that much difference to what we have. We still have everyone who is on the same lap as the driver ahead unfairly gains, as you say. This effects more cars more often, albeit to an individual lesser extent, but overall I suspect much more impactful on the race result. Certainly was this year.

And it does mean that it becomes even harder to get a lap back. If you lose a lap you have until the next yellow to get it back, otherwise you have to start all over again. Even if you had a 0.5s a lap advantage you would need a green period of 3.5 hours to get the lap back.