View Single Post
Old 16 Feb 2023, 11:58 (Ref:4143885)   #47
PhilipR
Racer

Romania
London
PhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I understand it is a sport and entertainment - so longer FCYs can allow all cars to pit and get back in position and ensure entertaining racing all through

However I have an issue with the lap back in IMSA. I find it unfair if you drove better, kept out of trouble and were able to open a 2 lap lead. Then due to 2 late safety cars, your opponent catches up to you and then if they happen to have a faster car(better set up or better BOP) they can overtake you and win the race - meaning all your hard work and doing better than others counts for little

My solution would be, get your lap back but you start at the end of the field, meaning you have to overtake the other class cars - thus allowing the one that did better to open a gap

I found it irritating when Imsa Radio gave Wayne Taylor the strategy of the race award for clawing back 2 laps and then the superior speed of the Acura allowed them to get 2nd place - but we all know this was only possible due to the late FCYs and not due to strategy