View Single Post
Old 18 Mar 2023, 19:57 (Ref:4147944)   #48
Nick Woodbury
Veteran

United States
New England
Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!
Carrying this over to this thread. Got to get this off my chest once more because I love the series and am all worked up over FCY procedures again!

"Originally Posted by GT3_Fan View Post
Seriously what is the point. All 8 GTP cars are on the same lap after 5 hours. Where is the endurance factor? All of these safety cars ruin it. No wonder I was more into the WEC Friday race. That was more authentic. The IMSA safety car procedures make this a joke. 11.5 hours of a parade at speed (and often not) and 30 minutes of real racing with the announcers saying at the end how its the greatest thing in history. Its old.

I hope others notice this too."

100% Agree. Sadly, it's the nascar effect.

To put it bluntly while also being a bit cutthroat, this lucky dog and wave by stuff ought to be abolished immediately. I don't care about teams getting upset because they are put out of contention and lose money or whatever because they can't get their lap back or were caught behind a safety car at a bad time. That is either your fault and/or your problem to solve. Maybe you should drive faster so you don't get lapped? You signed up for it, deal with it. I come here to watch racing, not a 30-45 minute FCY procedure for a dead stick, a minor spin or a piece of debris that is miles off the racing line.

A race continuing naturally and on merit is far more important to me than everyone being treated fairly because the sanctioning body has a badly misguided desire to be the big daddy protector for the investors and stakeholders.

Last edited by Nick Woodbury; 18 Mar 2023 at 20:02.