View Single Post
Old 22 Apr 2008, 23:59 (Ref:2184503)   #27
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi
Hey, I've got that number James - that must make me a regular again.......

Bentley03 - Tenths very own Le Mans tractor beam.........
The offer is made in light of my own failed attempt to attend my first Tenths meeting in 2005...........

Having made our way to what I believed to be the appointed place at the appropriate time, a colleague (who I'd dragged along for moral support, just in case) and I inadvertently gatecrashed someone else's meeting. It didn't help that we were welcomed with open arms and a glass of champagne. I assumed, from the welcome that we were given, that we were indeed in the right place. Only when we realised that there wasn't a single English speaker amongst the group did the alarm bells begin to ring. There then followed a rather awkward conversation with two guys from the group who confronted us with accusations of champagne theft, dirty tricks and being American. Fortunately, several other members of the group leapt to our defense and we were able to make our escape unscathed (if psychologically scarred).

I can tell you, it was a great relief in 2006 when KPY spotted me loitering, guessed I was looking for the Tenths meeting and introduced himself to me!