View Single Post
Old 23 Mar 2023, 15:37 (Ref:4148929)   #118
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Alonso should've been penalised during the race. Not randomly told an hour later that he's being penalised for something nobody bothered mentioning.
did it all play out after the race tho?

the Merc pitwall notified George late in the race that there was still an ongoing issue with how Alonso served the original penalty. they indicated that it could be another 5s penalty but the commenters quickly pointed out (not to the team of course) that based on Ocon's infraction last race, Alonso could be looking at a 10s penalty applied post race.

i suspect AM new this as well and was busy figuring out their counter arguments which they ultimately proved successful with.

so while i dont know the exact timeline, it does seem like there was some sort of dealings goin on in the back ground during the race?

of course that doesnt change how one feels about post race penalties in general and the debates that go with that.

but should teams not be allowed to make their case for or against even if it means these things can drag on well past the broadcast ending or late into the night?

as a side thought, i am curious how much of a push back Merc presented post race against AM's defence? as their supplier perhaps they didnt make as much out of it as they could have and let cooler heads in a post race background work out an equitable conclusion to Alonso's 100th podium?