View Single Post
Old 23 Mar 2023, 17:07 (Ref:4148936)   #120
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post

of course that doesnt change how one feels about post race penalties in general and the debates that go with that.

but should teams not be allowed to make their case for or against even if it means these things can drag on well past the broadcast ending or late into the night?
I think it is right that teams can present additional evidence if it affects the decision. The main aim is that the right decision is reached in the end.
Ideally this would be during the race though, and post-race matters kept to a minimum.

I think the FIA have this somewhere near right with a specific timeframe in which appeals can be made. Possibly look at other sports' review systems to see if something can be learnt in terms of capping the appeals?
The challenge is that F1 doesn't (normally) have breaks in play.