View Single Post
Old 25 Sep 2008, 14:24 (Ref:2297686)   #235
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Henri's take on the 2011 rules:
Quote:
I am reserved. I did not hear about it before the conference and I have the impression that the ACO wants to follow a current fashion, which sees the mass-production cars or F1, for example to reduce the engine displacement. I think that the current LMP1 are not so monstrous. Their current output appears exemplary to me compared to certain disciplines. 50 liters per the 100km for a LMP1, against 8% less for one LMP2, will that change the face of the world? I believe especially that people need to dream. At one time, they fantasized about the limit of the 400km/h. If a spectator will not see a great difference in look between a LMP1 and a LMP2, I see badly how to make he dream with a prototype which will not go more quickly in Hunaudières than certain mass-production cars! I think that attention really should be paid to keep a good weight/power ratio. Once again, I hope simply that the automobile race will remain a true show and not an asepticized spectacle.
translated from http://www.endurance-info.com/article.php?sid=6452