View Single Post
Old 17 Mar 2023, 01:27 (Ref:4147363)   #179
GreenMachine
Racer

Australia
Canberra
GreenMachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGreenMachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not sure what you mean by 'finesse' ... but ...

They need a new DA, the 1993 DA is obsolete though still dictating operations. Ostensibly they are operating under the LEC ruling, but AIUI the practical effect of that is the 1993 DA conditions.

BAC openly flouted the existing (1993) DA, and therefore the LEC hammered them when they challenged Council's new DA for the circuit. Shelly comes in as a cleanskin, with a local track record of operating a motorsport circuit under his DA conditions (I am assuming this, because others have said it and nobody has contested it).

Goulburn is hurting, Council wants a fix, and suddenly the bad taste that is BAC is gone. In its place Shelley comes in and says, 'hey can I help you?'...

It probably won't be easy, but at least he is not starting behind the 8-ball with Council and residents and that is the best news the watching and waiting motorsport community have had since the LEC handed down its judgement.

As a car club member and with friends in other car clubs I know how those clubs are feeling the pain of having lost the WP option, and its competitive pressure on other circuits (looking at you SMP), there are a lot of crossed fingers that this gets the WP gates open again.