View Single Post
Old 13 Mar 2011, 17:28 (Ref:2845070)   #15
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewF31 View Post
I'm a bit worried about this. They're really stretching out the budgets. They either think:
- more teams want to join (evidence of LMS' non-ILMC events this year show otherwise)
- more races mean more ticket sales and more money (in their own little fantasy world the economy isn't in a funk so teams have money to race 6 extra races and the fans have money to book hotels, buy tickets, flights, gas, etc.)

I hope they explain the rationale soon before making a final decision.
Beyond this year I'm not sure how much crossover there's going to be. In 2012 Rebellion and Pescarolo will likely both compete full-time in the ILMC and Strakka have said they're targeting the same in P1.

Hints about a split have been made before with Peter wanting to ban factory teams and Pescarolo saying 2011 could be the final year for the LMS. If Peter wants the series to continue they'll need a new class structure which if successful wouldn't allow joint ILMC/LMS grids even if both sides wanted it.