Thread: ELMS ELMS 2015 Discussion
View Single Post
Old 6 Nov 2014, 09:39 (Ref:3472170)   #10
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koenigsegg View Post
I do wonder if P2 teams that want to do ELMS in 2015, but are turned down for Le Mans will stay around for ELMS.

Recent years almost all (if not all) ELMS P2 teams made their way over to Le Mans in one way or another. Doesn't look like many 2015 ELMS P2 teams are allowed in for Le Mans due to the increased P1 grid and expected increase in WEC P2 entrants.
I suspect for a big hitter outfit, getting an LM entry is a big determinant in whether the programme goes ahead or not - the demise of the second Alpine this year being a clear example of this.

For those further down the pecking order, e.g. Pegasus etc, I suspect LM is a nice to have, but going out and running their LMP2 in ELMS is reward enough.

While the WEC entry cap will help matters a bit, ultimately ELMS probably needs to find another halo event to keep its appeal and be able to stand without the carrot of Le Mans entry - something along the lines of a 6 hour event somewhere like Monza might go some way towards that.