Thread: ELMS ELMS 2015 Discussion
View Single Post
Old 6 Nov 2014, 11:41 (Ref:3472197)   #13
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
I don't think that - on its own - would be a big draw, let alone a proper halo event. Now if you add LM invites for the various class winners you might be on to something. It would probably be best to tie the invites to full season participation in ELMS though and make the race a bit longer than a mere six hours.
You've got a point, and I'll confess to not even being wholly convinced myself when I wrote it that a Monza 6 Hours would be a halo event (especially given that Monza has never attracted much of a sportscar crowd, even in the 1980s heyday). Part of me thought that the inclusion of PLM as an ELMS season closer in 2012 was a great idea - and if they could do something with a decent travel package, having a late season flyaway - with LM invites as a carrot, somewhere like a Kyalami 9 Hours or Interlagos Mile Milhas then we might be onto something.

I suspect the ELMS would rightly turn around and say they should get bedded in and have another couple of stable successful seasons before they look to do something like this, but would be good wouldn't it?