View Single Post
Old 16 Jun 2019, 19:38 (Ref:3912252)   #15
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
A poster brought up a good point in the "what is Aston Martin up to" thread;

He said that the Valkyrie was supposed to be able to beat an F1 around the track, at least that was one of the original claims. I didn't believe that. But then there was talk that the AMR PRO could beat the 919 EVO's time around the Nurburgring.

When you hear these things and then read up that the rules were dumbed down and the cars slowed with weight added (1100kg) at Aston Martin's request or whatever, it makes me question how good the Valkyrie really is or if the claims are just bogus PR. I'll believe them if they take the AMR Pro to the 'Ring and do a 5:20. It just makes me question these things about the car being so awesome that it needed the ACO to increase the weight by over 200kg from the current lmp1s. The engine isn't that heavy!