Thread: 2023 Rallying
View Single Post
Old 13 Feb 2023, 10:02 (Ref:4143570)   #38
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tux View Post
I understand team orders and why Hyundai told Breen to let Neuville pass him but as a "casual" WRC fan i feel like i dont want to watch another WRC rally...
Team orders have been a part of the sport for years (remember the McRae/Sainz fiasco?). It's not pretty but understandable - after all Breen isn't doing a full season so it made sense to swap him and Neuville.

Sweden is my favourite event of the season - the footage always looks spectacular and the stages in the dark are incredible to watch from the onboard cameras. There were a few tyre problems over the weekend with tyres delaminating - I can't remember seeing that before in Sweden. Given that the conditions looked pretty good (frozen base layer) I was surprised it happened, I would have thought that would be more likely if the surface was cutting up more.

Good to see Tanak and M-Sport get a win again, hopefully they'll be at least competitive on other events. The Toyotas looked strangely off the pace - neither Rovanpera or Evans looked entirely happy with their car, Katsuta was having a good rally until he rolled it. Hyundai again seemed a bit inconsistent - Breen looked to have nailed the setup, Lappi was quick when the car was working to his liking (and wasunlucky with the tyre problem), Neuville looked to be struggling with the setup on his car all weekend but with the teams help looked like grabbing second only to screw it up with a terrible final stage.