View Single Post
Old 2 Apr 2024, 19:01 (Ref:4203630)   #35
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CS1 View Post
Shame about Ian Barrett and Oli Bennet - anyone know what happened ?
Barrett dropped a valve (or two) during Q1 on Saturday, think he was packed up by lunchtime. Real shame as I thought he could be a bit of a dark horse. Hopefully he can get the engine sorted.

Seemed to be a couple of different stories doing the rounds about Bennett (as is the case in the paddock! ). An issue with the car which prevented it from making the semi-final seems to be the story that has made it to the press release.

As said above, it was a bit of a mixed bag of racing. Some of the single make classes ended up pretty strung out on both days which wasn't great to watch. Really enjoyed Super Retro, some lovely cars out there and some good action.

Supercars were definitely the highlight, though I was a little irked by the final on Saturday; real shame that Godfrey jumped the start and had to double joker as he had fantastic pace throughout the day and I think he could have challenged for second or even first. However it was the position swapping that really miffed me. I can understand why RX Racing wouldn't want to squabble for positions, but I don't like seeing team mates surrendering positions in any motorsport discipline: it annoyed me at the November meeting and it annoyed me again here.

The Supercar final on Monday was definitely a good one though. Massive shame for Michael Leonard (the pole spot seemed cursed in the Supercar finals this weekend!), but a fantastic charge from Patrick to recover from a stall to take the win. I was surprised that Patrick didn't better his fastest lap from Saturday in the Monday final as he was absolutely on it.

It was a shame that McCluskey couldn't hang on for the win, but still a well deserved second. Love those Murray Motorsport Fiestas, fantastic addition to the Championship. Pity that Donoghue didn't last the weekend in his Fiesta. Encouraging start for Sellar in his new Polo as well. He looked quicker than Harris in the semi-final, but he couldn't find a way around him to make it to the final.

Looking at the Supercar championship though you have Ollie O'Donovan, Godfrey, Leonard, McCluskey and Ovenden all trading times. If Patrick isn't going to run the full season then it could be a really interesting fight between those guys.

Agreed about the crosscars as well. An RX150 looks like a ton of fun, but the crosscars look a little more dynamic to me. Just good to see that class with numbers again. Sounds like there are a lot more crosscars expected this year, so that class has real promise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geordiecriag101
tho were have the 4WD cars gone?
Being kept for Lydden Legend I think.