View Single Post
Old 22 Sep 2020, 13:56 (Ref:4005601)   #237
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I agree. Maybe Merc could have pitted Bottas later in the British GP just to make sure, even though there was no indication something would go wrong. They could have checked Bottas’ tyres and passed it on to Hamilton, although they might have found all was ok. As you say though they weren’t that dominant, they had Verstappen who would have inherited a win if they had. Just one of those thing

It’s no surprise they decided to play it safe for the 70th GP. Hamilton got a bit lucky there, any other time it could have been a different

At Spa Merc were doing no more to win, especially as something could have gone wrong. For me Bottas could have won, but he needed to be in front Hamilton and again Max was still close enough to benefit from anything

At Mugello, Bottas was a bit unlucky, but in a way Merc were lucky with people like Max and others hitting trouble. On another day they could have been beaten, who knows?

For me Merc are doing what any dominant team would do, making sure of 1-2 finishes and not stressing the car too much. Still time for things to change, even if Merc are more than likely to win the title. If Bottas wants more attention on him, he needs to pull his finger out and start delivering wins