View Single Post
Old 19 Mar 2023, 18:54 (Ref:4148331)   #56
GT3_Fan
Racer

GT3_Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGT3_Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT240Z View Post
It is what it is. I didn't like it in the beginning but now I can see some of the benefits. You can watch or not. It's up to you to decide. All I ask is, just don't act like a heckler on a thread that's full of fans that are watching it and enjoying it.
Thankfully there are other options. WEC is looking very interesting this year. NLS/N'Ring 24 season is here now. And you got GT WC, DTM, and other series. Last year the only IMSA I really watched was the all GT races of Lime Rock and VIR as I had lost interest in DPI totally. GTP is interesting enough I guess however I feel like its missing components with no LMH cars there and yeah the safety car procedures in IMSA suck. And it is at the endurance races where its flaws are really exposed. The safety car procedures suck with SRO/GTWC too though in a different way.

Thankfully with the IMSA Weathertech series "Sprint" race season starting at Long Beach, the safety car procedures does not rear its ugly head as much. Long Beach in particular looks awesome since it will be just GTP and GTD. NO p2 or p3 filling up space.