View Single Post
Old 14 Dec 2009, 09:11 (Ref:2599304)   #75
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
I disagree. LMIC will make LMS worthwile for the privateer (Pro-Am) teams once again now that they don't have to race against the big guns.
I agree. The LMS survived perfectly well this year without any manufacturer entries (or at least as well as could be expected with the ACO's poor idea of decent media coverage). I don't see why a new cup aimed primarily at manufacturers, which only really interrupts the end of the LMS season for the privateers, will do too much damage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
With the Intercontinental Cup having only full-endurance races, perhaps the ACO will try adding to the 2011 Euro Le Mans calendar "not so endurance" races, don't you think? FIA GT European races will last 60 to 120 minutes, so those teams looking for longer races may have enough with four hours or 800km, for example.
A reduction to four hours would keep the endurance feel and also help privateers with little money, wouldn't it? Wouldn't save much, granted, but if its enough...