View Single Post
Old 3 Apr 2006, 15:01 (Ref:1569127)   #17
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick49
Hello,

This is probably the wrong thread to put this post on but I see MOTORS TV are only showing highlights of the LMS Istanbul round on Sunday evening. Mind you it is 3 hours so not too bad I suppose. Does this mean there will be no live coverage of the championship this year or have I just missed the news of it?

Nick
There was a fair degree of wailing about this on Infoscourse a while ago. I think the basic thrust of it - and the particular issue with the Istanbul round is that it coincides with BTCC and DTM rounds, and as such having six hours of coverage would be tricky.

While it is disappointing it's considerably better than nothing. That said, given that I think there's an almost 100% level of overlap between the LMS and the BTCC this year it could be that Motors is going to have difficulty covering everything it wants to.