Thread: WEC WEC 2021 season
View Single Post
Old 2 Nov 2021, 12:07 (Ref:4081101)   #565
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
A thought occurred to me today - perhaps one for TWISC (ps does anyone know how to send questions in other than twitter?).

You can BOP cars, but can you - or should you - BOP teams with different levels of resource and talent on the pit wall?

In other words, if the Alpine and the Toyota were perfectly-balanced machines, would you not expect the Toyota's superior driving talent and better-resourced team to make the difference over 6 hour races?

To take this idea further, would you even expect Signatech to be able to run a private GR 010 to the same pace as the works team?

These questions got me thinking that we have next to no idea how well the Hypercar BOP process is going until we get more cars and a much larger sample size.
I think the series takes that into consideration by not balancing solely on lap times. They collect all sorts of data on engine output and related items with the thought that each car should have the same potential for a laptime.