Thread: WEC Race 4 Hours of Shanghai 2019
View Single Post
Old 10 Nov 2019, 05:42 (Ref:3939633)   #37
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Now Rebellion are running away with it. Again, as with Ginetta their wild card might be driver line up, because, let's face it, Rebellion have at least one pay driver on their squad due to sponsorship issues. Not saying that all pay drivers are bad, but Toyota have a full on all professional line up of the best LMP1 drivers right now that money can buy.

Thing is, Toyota are so crippled especially in top speed that it might not make a big difference.

Goes back to my point about the inherent dangers with applying BOP based solely on lap time vs a analysis on how those times are achieved.

I think Toyota should've been docked hybrid power to the point of running maybe an equivalent to a 2MJ system, or the ACO should've pursued giving the LMP1 privateer teams 900-1000bhp engines, which sadly would've meant that Rebellion for sure would've had to invest in a new engine package.