View Single Post
Old 22 Jul 2012, 09:18 (Ref:3109667)   #57
johntt
Veteran

England
England
johntt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As far as the cars go i'd only tweak the rules for GTE with regard to getting rid of the limit on engine displacement, if it's in the road car and has been produced in high enough numbers (high enough to avoid any homologation specials) then they can have in the race car - maybe they could have a sliding scale similar to what IMSA used for GTPs to determine the air restrictor/fuel flow limit

The main change I would make would be with the calendar, it would look something like this:

1) Philip Island 6 Hours (Feb) - with AsLMS
2) Sebring 12 Hours (Mar) - with ALMS
3) Monza 6 Hours (Apr) - with ELMS
4) Spa 6 Hours (May) - with ELMS
5) Le Mans (Jun)
6) Nurburgring 6 Hours (Jul) - with ELMS
7) Silverstone 6 Hours (Aug) - with ELMS
8) Interlagos 1000 miles/10 Hours (Sep)
9) India 6 Hours (Oct) - with AsLMS
10) Fuji 6 Hours (Nov) - with AsLMS

I would like to have included PLM but it wouldn't have been practical with the limit on the number of cars they can cram in there.

The three Asia-Pacific races will also constitute the Asian Le Mans series and the ELMS will be the four European races.
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." -Ayrton Senna