Thread: WEC Glickenhaus Hypercar
View Single Post
Old 26 Dec 2020, 13:52 (Ref:4025269)   #373
Napolis
Veteran

Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by helgi View Post
As a notable pessimist of this forum I won't hesitate to ask the team a perfectly silly question. Is there any possibility to grow new Halls and Gurneys, Chapmans and Broadleys in the modern sports reality where everything is standardized and ballanced? Can journalists put more efforts to write about something that is not heavily loaded with cash from manufacturers? I do not believe that there's no other alternative to a bunch of Orecas camouflaged as "production cars" heavily distorted by a malfunctioned press. Even in difficult economic situation.
These are strange days. There is a war on ICE cars. Some countries have outlawed them from 2030 onwards. Racing is racing towards political correctness. 40HP from a spec LMDh system that costs 350K per year to rent makes a race car green?
The cost to meet ever increasing regulation is beyond belief.
Even a micro company like ours will face 100mm$ in costs to bring 300? Vehicles to market per year. We will survive but I fear that very few will follow in our footsteps as we've followed in Briggs, Carol's and Jim's. When Porsche feels that they no longer have to design, build, and engineer a top class Le Mans race car from the ground up to claim that they won Le Mans, and their customers don't care what that "Porsche" really is we're in uncharted waters.

Last edited by Napolis; 26 Dec 2020 at 13:59.