R.Lee
Racer

United States
Flowery Branch, Georgia
R.Lee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tator2001uk View Post
Hi There!

Been a fan for years of Nascar and for my 30th im thinking of a trip to Charlotte......any tips?? Is it busy busy there on race weekend...?
Any UK people ever been?

Thanks all
Hello tator2001uk,

I've been to the World 600, (sorry, old name for the race, I'm a bit of a traditionalist) many times. It use to be somewhat an impromptu family reunion for my family. I liked it more when it was a day time race, but it is what it is. Tickets are a bit over priced, but you won't regret going to the race. You'll have a great time. The track, as J.Hamilton said, in located a bit North of Charlotte, in Concord, NC. Like he a also said, the NASCAR of Fame is in Charlotte. If you are going to be in the area, a couple of days before the race, it might be possible to tour some of the team shops. There is also allot of various activities leading up to the race. I would suggest planning on taking time to get to different places. Traffic can be a problem around Charlotte and around the track. It could very well be hot around there, as it is in the late Spring. Drink allot of water, make sure you're hydrated. Heat injuries are no fun. Also, use a high SPC sun block, as sun burns are very easy to get around there, in the daytime. Get to your seat, for the race early. That way, you won't have to hunt for your seat, you can see where the nearest restrooms, concession stands, etc., are. Food is pretty expensive there and isn't the best in the world. Rolaids, Tums or some other antacid are a necessity. As for the race, make sure you have earplugs, the cars are very loud and can damage hearing, if you do not use protection. During the race, do not consentrate on the leaders only, there is allot happening behind the leaders, allot of good racing for positions. Get your seats as high up in the grand stands as possible, The higher you are, the better view of the track you will have. Enjoy the race!