View Single Post
Old 4 Mar 2002, 01:21 (Ref:227419)   #9
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If that gets on your nipples, then bite it off.

Quote JC:"What gets on my nipples is when Shu fans say he is the best cos he has broken all those records."

He is the best not just because he broke all those records. It is his abilities and talent and passion that defines him from the other drivers. This is something not just blabbered by Schumacher fans, but even by many other professionals directly involved with the sports.

And perhaps if you read around, there are also many non-Schumacher fans who agreed that Schumacher is the best driver...

Ever? That i do not know and i won't make such comparisons...because as Mania and AJ had said "Quit with the comparisons, they are never going to be fair and they dont accomplish a thing.". Even comparing drivers from the same era can be quite a task. Thus, all we can conclude is that Michael is an excellent driver, clearly the benchmark out of the current bunch, and that he JOINS Senna, Prost, Fangio as one of the greatest.... But nobody can say that he, or any other drivers, is for definite certain the BEST EVER.

Cars are no doubt different to how they were in the past...But if you would think that if all the cars are easier to drive, that would make competition between drivers much stronger and the need for perfection even higher...and thus make you appreciate the achievements that Michael had.

Such comparisons were done many times a season, and usually they get nowhere. And very often, very ridiculous excuses to put down Michael would also pop up along the way...

Just why do we need a BEST EVER when we can have a "table of honour" for ALL the greatest drivers that came, that left?