View Single Post
Old 23 Oct 2022, 15:37 (Ref:4131185)   #171
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Pictures from my first visit to Indianapolis Motor Speedway: https://bit.ly/3TucqQk

I’m very pleased to have seen IMS, which is a very impressive place. As usual at US motorsports events, the staff and fans were friendly and helpful. It was a great day out.

The road course though, is pretty average as a spectator experience and poor for photos. High fences, no elevation changes, no access to any of the high stands except one tiny area low down opposite the start, no access to the area over the bridge by the lake.

I asked why so much was closed and was told “we only open the stands for the big races, not a low-key event like this”. It seems SRO has a way to go to get this higher up the status pole.

Still, it was a lovely day and I did my best to be creative with the angles and the subsequent cropping! I hope you enjoy .