View Single Post
Old 26 Feb 2002, 16:05 (Ref:222957)   #2
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I can't see more tracks being added to the series. The calendar has already been shortened to reduce costs.

Adding races merely add's to the costs of the teams taking part - I think the 2002 calendar is the optimun size.

In terms of new teams - who know's. Plenty of car makes have been mentioned as being right for the BTCC, but that doesn't mean they will enter.

Probably a VW group car would be a likely entrant in the future and Volvo may look at the BTCC again depending on their success in the ETCC.

I'd like to see Audi back in - If Lexus ever commit to a factory attack that may entice BMW, Alfa and Audi back in as works teams - I can't see them entering at the minute as their brands are not directly competing with Vauxhall, Proton or Honda for customer sales and therefore probably wouldn't gain much benefit and could potentially gain some negative PR from racing against them.

Nissan may come back to promote the new Primera or Almera as the series fits their brand well and they could pitch directly against vauxhall, MG & Honda who they are directly competing with in the showrooms.