View Single Post
Old 15 Apr 2013, 19:03 (Ref:3234817)   #239
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
I ventured there on the Sunday, mainly to have a bash at taking some images. It was just so windy that it made taking the kind of images I was after very difficult, (panning shots mainly). Still, I managed to get a few decent shots, lots of blurred ones though, I was just being blown around so much, maybe I should gain some weight...?!

Silverstone continues to baffle me with some of their policies. Yep, i'm going to have a moan about the lack of a bridge/tunnel again - OK done. Does anyone know why there are so many G4S staff? Do they really need that much security?

I tried taking some photos through a gap in the fence, only for a security bloke to tell me to stop shooting and I had to leave the area. I was puzzled as I wasn't in any out of bounds zone, I told him it was ridiculous. I came back about 20 minutes later and there were about 5-6 guys all gathered around the same photographers shooting hole, I guess they either gave up or he had wandered somewhere else to killjoy and cause misery elsewhere. I just don't get the logic, its "ok" to freely walk by these things, but standing still in the same area isn't allowed? Another jobsworth security guard told us it was for media only, then another said it was out of bounds for safety reasons, so it just seemed like it was any excuse really. Silverstone is fast becoming my most loathed circuit for this kind of thing, though its never been amazing for viewing or photography, (unless you have media bibs).

On a more positive note, I did find other fence holes that were open and there were no stewards around to move us on. There was a hole on the exit of Chapel, where I got these few shots...

Last edited by Sodemo; 15 Apr 2013 at 19:22.