View Single Post
Old 15 Apr 2013, 21:27 (Ref:3234892)   #243
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
That Chapel hole is a good one......

Yes, loadsa G4S staff, but not enough to open up any more stands - or parts of stands. One even came and chucked us out of the small covered stand at pit entry - just as it had started raining.... Sweet move that one.

I think where and where you happened to be moved on from was a totally arbitrary decision by G4S staff who really didn't have any other useful function, the potential for a riot by WEC spectators being fairly limited...
In my case it was two photographing spectators being moved on from a hole on the approach to Copse, by an extremely pompous "official" who seemed to have no identity pass and was dressed in "civvies"

Silverstone has long been at the top of my list for the most officious officials and that goes back to the 70s and 80s when it was referred to as Stalag Silverstone. Even the many amateur stewards at Le Mans manage to do their job with a smile and a sense of humour.