View Single Post
Old 15 Apr 2013, 22:24 (Ref:3234924)   #244
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Vieux View Post
In my case it was two photographing spectators being moved on from a hole on the approach to Copse, by an extremely pompous "official" who seemed to have no identity pass and was dressed in "civvies"

Silverstone has long been at the top of my list for the most officious officials and that goes back to the 70s and 80s when it was referred to as Stalag Silverstone. Even the many amateur stewards at Le Mans manage to do their job with a smile and a sense of humour.
I know the Copse hole, in fairness that fence hole is behind the waist high rail, so that one is perhaps less clear cut. I always make sure I am behind whatever barrier is in place. I don't fully understand why the holes are there. If they aren't for amateur snappers then they can only be for media, but why would they need them when they can stand in front of the fence anyway...?