View Single Post
Old 1 Dec 2007, 23:45 (Ref:2079581)   #220
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom908V12
But WHAT ACO must do to improve media of the LMS, especially less than one year before the start of the new season ????

To me overall medias are simply not interested in other motorsport than F1 and I don't see that changing next year
This isn't about getting the LMS into national papers and what not, it's about bringing it upto the level of the DTM, WTCC, WRC.

Even F1 isn't followed much in the mainstream media, other than the odd driver, i.e. Mansell, Hill and now Hamilton.

The ALMS, IRL and Champ Car in the US are totally invisble compared to NASCAR.

It's all about targeting the car/motorsport enthusiast, then using the likes of the 908 and R10 in TV, radio, newspaper ad's to promote the brand/associate sponsors, as we've seen this year.

Re. the TV coverage, Motors TV does a good job for the enthusiast, what we need are highlights on free to view stations.

Motors TV do need to improve their coverage however, they need to be onsite for the European events at least, just like the Speed TV guys in the ALMS, it adds so much to the broadcast. The coverage itself can also be spiced up with more lifestyle features during the broadcasts to freshen things up.

Endurance Mag already covers this sort of thing, so there's no reason why some of this coverage could no be slotted into the race broadcasts.

Finally they need to link up officially with someone like DSC or Endurance Info.

Oh, and of course we need RLM!