Thread: ELMS ELMS Discussion
View Single Post
Old 22 Aug 2019, 13:57 (Ref:3923750)   #241
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
I think one of the other justifications was that it wasn't sustainable to have lots of constructors only building a couple of cars each. All very well if you are one of the selected constructors (unless you build a Riley/Multimatic Mobile Chicane Mk30). Same for the engine builders but that just kills the ones that don't get chosen.
I remember that line being peddled as well. As you say, it rings hollow when the proposed solution is to artificially accelerate the situation under the guise of protecting the chosen few.

We're going to end up in a situation where there is only one constructor in the running. If this happened without the restriction, then hats off to <insert constructor here> for building the best chassis. But to have such an obvious guiding hand will always rankle, regardless of whether the racing is great or gash (and I happen to think it's the former).