View Single Post
Old 13 Apr 2020, 02:37 (Ref:3970468)   #17
PVDA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
PVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 275 GTB-4 View Post
and over/under passes for the Ho Hum Highway...
I have never tried to get out at the end of racing as I'm usually packing stuff up for a couple of hours but I can only imagine what it would be like if you still had to drive through Benalla or Glenrowan & Wangaratta or if the Hume was still only a 2 lane highway.

Some of the old timers have mentioned the now 2 hour drive to Melbourne was more like 3 hours in Sunday night Melbourne bound traffic.

Only Euroa, Benalla & Wangaratta had not yet been bypassed when I started to play at Winton back in '85.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djr81 View Post
Well Im guessing you have been around long enough to remember when you parked near the circuit after they checked your tickets at the outer gates. Then you'd spend over an hour getting back to Wanneroo road and some semblance of trafiic flow. Compared to that everything now works brilliantly.
I've only been over to Barbagallo a couple of times for Superbike events and as with Winton packing up so not trying to escape in peak traffic.