View Single Post
Old 10 Apr 2010, 19:38 (Ref:2670243)   #316
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I've moved this here as it would have taken the LMS thread off topic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FĂ©lix View Post
I feel you. How can we make a sportscar season-long championship where at least two manufacturers would come and fight for real matter to the public? When did this last happen? The ALMS is a semi-success at best because not many in the general public care about it. LMS2009 was not a continuation of LMS2008 because the manufacturers saw no interest in the way it was covered. (Was Group C really a marketing success around 89-90-91?)

The simplest solution I could see is sprint races that could get good coverage where manufacturers would go instead of F1. Anything else is not TV-friendly and doesn't give them nearly as much media exposure as focusing only on doing well at Le Mans.

If they really wanted to try they could go for a mega time-buy/ad-buying/journalist-inviting mission for the Spa race, while everybody is there and racing for real.
That's why the LMIC has been introduced.

Tommorow maybe the opening round of the LMS, but in reality it's a glorified test session.

In time the LMS will be a feeder series for the LMIC, in recent seasons too many ACO races have been a shadow of the 24hrs itself.