View Single Post
Old 17 Jan 2024, 09:06 (Ref:4192154)   #64
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
hoping for a more active drivers market. while all 20 have been retained for the start of this season, apparently 13 of the drivers are coming to the end of their deals this season so looking forward to and speculating on the dynamics that brings to the table...even if nothing changes!
This is definitely an impressive fact. Of course, as a driver it's hard to break into F1 with so few teams (and I hope we have an easier route in for not just one new team, but more new teams - I don't recall if I mentioned that in my original post), and there are plenty of talented drivers not making it, but at least the field we have is of an extremely high calibre. It's good that those who are there are being given enough chance to make an impression. It's nice to not see a constant rotation. Even Logan Sargeant has got a second chance and let's hope he can get much closer to Albon, because it would be fantastic for Williams if he demonstrates that some drivers just need a bit more time and ultimately deliver on their potential.

Regarding Olivier Panis, he was my favourite driver growing up watching in my childhood era of the 90s. I don't know why I latched onto him, but I decided back in '94 or '95 that I wanted him to do well. Monaco '96 is one of my favourite F1 memories as you can imagine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapezeArtist View Post

In 2024 I hope that DRS zones can be tweaked a bit to stop TenTenthers moaning about it all the time.
Aysedasi and I will take our leave.

Quote:
It's got to be better than Strictly!
That depends how many races you vote higher than a "seven".

Last edited by Born Racer; 17 Jan 2024 at 09:14.