View Single Post
Old 4 Oct 2009, 09:00 (Ref:2553684)   #1
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
MGCC, Snetterton, 3/4 October, 2009

An excellent day's racing yesterday (I'm not going back today - family commitments!) with good grids, but I thought it was a surprisingly low spectator turnout. Still trying to get the dust out of my eyes; a very strong wind following a long dry spell was driving great dust clouds off the fields across the circuit, a phenomenon I don't recall seeing at Snet before. Apart from the occasional visibility issues for the drivers, it apparently made the track interesting, and one driver told me that he thought that it was costing most competitors at least one second a lap. However, there were very few spins and offs and the drivers at this meeting set a really good example of how to race closely but cleanly; that was certainly so from where I was watching. I think that worth mentioning in the light of certain incidents this year and the discussion concerning codes of conduct.

Will do my usual pictorial review, in due course.