View Single Post
Old 9 Jul 2014, 21:34 (Ref:3432293)   #75
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
I think you, John-Mark (G4J) and Simon (GT6) had the most out of that particular bottle. And as for roadtrip music, the whole discography of Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin and The Who should last me the distance.
Looking back on my days of long road trips length and breadth of the UK I'd operate on the principle of a 500 mile stint is just about doable, much more than that and you're rolling the dice a bit. I remember pushing the boundaries of this somewhat on an Aberdeen-Aberystwyth run and the final bit coming over Plynlimon in the dark being a considerable challenge, especially when I happened across a Land Rover ambling its way along without any lights on.

Okay motorways and 21st century cars make a hell of a difference, but don't rely on loud 1970s rock to keep you alive - would be a shame for you not to make it Victor.