Thread: WEC 2016 WEC Discussion
View Single Post
Old 21 Aug 2015, 13:37 (Ref:3567489)   #69
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brake dust View Post
I was at that race - it was fantastic. Spoke with Mr LeMans (TK) in the paddock and asked him about the circuit. He said he wasn't a fan - too narrow. But I believe there was not one full course caution during the race! With a small grid of 32 cars it should not be a problem.

I too would move Silverstone to after Le Mans in the summer. I would think it could become a real event with lots of camping over the race week. I would start the season in Bahrain - just because of the weather.
We must have missed each other then.

Yes, you are correct, no caution for the full 6 hours with only 50 cars or so on track, I do remember Kristensen being run wide thru the Tamburello dirt by one of the Pugs (I would like to think it was Montagny but the others weren't shy of it either) with the race ending in a convincing Peugeot 1-2. Perfect weather that weekend as well, especially with the monsoon on Friday afternoon!

I guess Imola is just fine with it's ELMS race these days, less spotlights and probably more enjoyable therefor.