View Single Post
Old 9 Jan 2023, 11:33 (Ref:4139326)   #55
P38 in workshop
Veteran

P38 in workshop has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I might be the exception to that,the championship is run under the FIA umbrella and Liberty hold the commercial rights.As I posted a few days ago,I think we are witnessing an assertion of that situation.
On a slightly different note,I can't help thinking that the American influence is at risk of misfiring.I have read reports of the Las Vegas event and the resort/hotels offering obscenely expensive packages for those with vast amounts of money and not too much sense.Also the parterning of Adretti and Cadillac seems odd.Viewed from a point between Canada and Mexico and bordered by two oceans,this might all seem like a logical progression.From where I sit,I wonder why they are focusing on the world's second largest market and not going for more Chinese engagement.I fully expect six of the largest ten car companies globally to be Chinese within ten years and the Americans have been on the slide for decades.GM abandoned Europe and Australia so what are they seeking to promote in these places?It might not have occurred to the bigwigs in Detroit that their behemoths aren't suited to places with small streets and fuel that costs a huge amount more,relative to the local income,than the norms they are accustomed to.In both these instances,I think we are witnessing a culture clash and there may be some adjustments required.