View Single Post
Old 27 Oct 2009, 16:47 (Ref:2570854)   #120
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolK View Post
From an attendee standpoint, I much prefer the 1000km race. If I am spending disposable income to attend a sporting event then I want something indicative of "endurance racing" - not a 1.5 hour sprint ALMS race at Long Beach or short LMS race. They need to leave the format just as it is now. From your comments, it appears that you have not been to one of these races but just to the 24h - if you can't be bothered watching a 6 hour event, then perhaps some other form of racing should be considered.
I go the the Silverstone LMS every year, numerous other enduros around the country and such like, and I have never sat in the same spot for a 6 hour event, and I'll always need to have a "burger break". I'm not offended by such a silly subject, but I'm surprised my passion for the sport has come in to question here. I wasn't calling for two sprints anyway. Perhaps a 1 hour sprint on the Saturday to gauge ineterest in a 500 or 750 km event on the Sunday - as I say, it would be nice if the 1000km events turned into the highlights of the calendar.