View Single Post
Old 3 Oct 2006, 17:47 (Ref:1726747)   #25
Dean Watson
Veteran

England
Louth, Lincolnshire
Dean Watson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As a regular flag/observer I have had the great pleasure of the company of 2 drivers this season on post ala tango. The first was a driver who had gone to mallory for the cscc meeting on bank holiday monday and found out that the mgcc were there on the sunday so knowing that he could gain a sig as he'd only done 2 or 3 meetings he volunteered. his day was extreemly quite not even a spot of oil to dress or wing mirror to collect, but he got a lot out of the day not only a full enlightenment as to what we marshals do all day but he got to learn all the lines trhough devils elbow and the hairpin. And the second driver was a morgan driver at snetterton last saturday I beleive we had about the busiest day at russell's on sat so the poor driver got a very hands on introduction not only with incident handling but also how infringments are dealt with from the observers stand point and also how sometimes what appears as a red flag situation are not always given by race control. Both drivers commented that they had learnt quite a lot and thought that all drivers should have a go. But as I voted in the other thread covering this topic, I believe that it should be encouraged but not mandatory.